A few days ago I decided I will try and dye a piece of merino rowing. I followed the same procedure as before: acid and basic solutions, 2 hours in acid, 20 minuted in basic and repeat. But oh, the disappointment! While the shade I got was very pretty, it was not purplish and it was very light! I am not saying I do not like it, it's just that I did not expect to get this color out of the dye solution. Ah well.. I guess that is the beauty of dyeing with plants... you don't always get what you expect.
Meanwhile I finished spinning the wool and decided to make a simple baby vest for my brother's not yet born son. To keep things clean and tidy, I will write a separate post about the baby vest pattern :)